Location: North Vancouver, BC Canada
Type: Full time
Our Vancouver-based team is looking for a Head of Production; an important part of the management staff that oversees all aspects of our projects and programs, ensuring they are resourced properly, delivered on time, on budget and within scope. You will collaborate with all department leaders to prioritize, forecast and negotiate as necessary, in line with the overall corporate strategy. As Head of Production, you possess strong communication abilities and leadership skills in order to prioritize and update leadership. We are a growing company, and as such there are many opportunities for you to wear more than one hat. You may find yourself liaising with clients or acting as a PM on individual projects.
Project Management Leadership:
Project Tracking & Prioritization:
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget.
- Provide executive leaders with the information needed to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment.
- Interface with leadership to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges, and keep them up-to-date with project risks and opportunities.
Resourcing & Forecasting:
- Comfortable sizing/scoping work in areas such as digital, branding, copywriting, print, video
- Ability to match team members against projects
- Determines project risk on an ongoing basis, escalates issues as needed
- Works with department leads to evaluate the best team makeup for existing and potential projects
- Run resourcing scenarios based on probabilities of new business
- Monitor out of scope requests, elevates issues as needed
- Manage and resolve resource booking conflicts
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing
- Monitor day to day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of under and overutilization and actively work with department leads to address and solve those issues
- Recommend process improvements for Resource Management
- Responsible for managing overall utilization
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes, and approaches (e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology – PPM)
- Budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Agile & Scrum method knowledge preferred but not essential
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills: Ability to build a strong network and relationships at executive levels with technology and solutions, customers and vendor groups
- Resilience and resourcefulness