Location: North Vancouver, Canada
The MNP Experience Design Team
The Maths — No Problem! SaaS platform supports over 10,000 teachers daily with a quickly-growing suite of digital products and apps designed to help teachers teach, and students learn.
We believe that when you start with a clearly defined problem and a deep empathy for our customers, amazing things can happen. User-Centered Design and Design Thinking are at the core of our process. Our team is made up of experts who are adept at thinking outside the box, trying new things and who are always flexible in their approach. We believe in advocating for best practices, and supporting each other. Collaboration and continual learning are key to our culture, who we are and the products we produce. We have fun, we value feedback and we don’t mind pivoting in favour of a better idea, because we are on a relentless journey to deliver exceptional experiences that empower educators and children.
We are looking for a Senior User Interface Designer to help us craft disruptive digital products, marketing, and sales experiences that will take the education world by storm. We pursue excellence, and we’re looking for people to join the chase.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with UX to create design concepts for new products and experiences
- Design screens and components for web products and services following the specifications set out by the UX designer
- Transform ideas into engaging interfaces with a look and feel that embodies MNP’s brand style
- Establish high level design direction for the look and feel of new digital products and services
- Articulate and present visual designs and rationale to internal teams
- Demonstrate and apply key principles of interface design to all screen-based media, including mobile and emerging formats
- Work with user experience and analytics to refine designs
- Integrate principles of conversion centered design (CCD) to achieve real outcomes for the business
- Create interactive prototypes of designs in Invison App and Sketch for the purpose of user testing and presentation
- Mentor junior designers, interns or students and guide them in developing their skills
- Produce and maintain digital style guides and a library of approved components and visual assets for developers and others as required
- Stay up to date on the latest design trends and requirements for all current and emerging formats of digital UI design
- Work closely with development to bring static designs to life through micro animations and elegant page transitions
You love feedback because it helps you learn and grow. You believe in supporting the best ideas, even if you have to pivot to do so. You believe that real innovations only happen in collaborative, multidisciplinary teams. You’re fascinated by the latest design techniques and tools that are hitting the market, and you’ve always got your finger on the tech pulse. You love creating everything from insightful visuals to style tiles to perfect person-program interactions. You are a champion of customer-centric brand expression that meets the highest level of design quality. You love acquiring new skills and sharing them with team members. You foster accountability, a digital work culture and a creative environment where everyone can speak up with their best thinking.
You thrive on solving complex challenges and understand the necessity of defining problems properly before designing solutions. You understand how to balance the needs of the business while keeping the user at the heart of the design process. You are a passionate advocate for not only the user, but also User-Centered Design and Design Thinking.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in a digital organization in a full-time role as a user interface designer
- Adept at using Sketch and InVision seamlessly to design and prototype
- Experienced in designing for complex platforms
- Experience with AA accessibility standards
- Ability to design for multiple channels and platforms
- Solid experience in responsive and component-driven design
- Experienced in creating and maintaining component systems / libraries
- Designing high-conversion landing pages
- Experienced in sales funnels and conversions
- Agile experience (working with JIRA and Confluence)
- Responsive design experience is a must!
1. A cover letter that includes:
- How your experience and personality fit the role
- Why you’re interested in working for Maths — No Problem!
- One paragraph on the key differences between a UX designer and a UI designer
2. Your resume or a link to your work experience
3. A link to a portfolio of your best work as a UI designer that includes not only customer facing experiences, but work that demonstrates proficiency in developing and maintaining component libraries and documentation. The more diverse the better. Show us what you’ve got.
What you get with MNP
We believe that a learning culture, collaboration and lots of laughter allow us to do our best work. We offer great benefits, opportunities to work from home, professional development training (gotta stay fresh and up to date on trends and technologies!), a gym, showers, bike storage and a view of the water that’s kinda hard to beat; especially at sunset.
Maths — No Problem! is proudly committed to equal employment opportunity. Learn more about MNP’s culture and opportunities.