Maths — No Problem! Manchester Conference Primary School Mathematics Word Problem Social Media Competition- Terms and Conditions (April 2023)
These terms and conditions apply to the Maths – No Problem! Manchester Conference Primary School Mathematics Word Problem Social Media competition available to all individuals who choose to enter a mathematics word problem appropriate for any UK primary school age group across any or all of our social media channels (namely Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, “our social media channels”) (the “Competition”). By entering this Competition, you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
The promoter of this Competition is Fig Leaf Competition s Limited (trading as
Who may enter
1. The Competition is open to all individuals who are 18 years old or over and who make a valid entry or entries for the Competition via one or multiple of our social media channels.
How to enter
2. Each individual must submit his/her entry or entries for the Competition via one of our social media channels. There will be a specific post on each of our social media channels where you must submit your entry. If you submit your entry/entries elsewhere on our social media channels (i.e. not on the Competition post) your entry/entries shall not be valid.
3. To enter, an individual must have an account with the social media channel that they choose to enter the Competition on. The Competition shall run across all our social media channels and we will pick one winner (the choice of winner shall be at our sole discretion) (who shall be contacted via the social media account with which they made their winning entry), who shall receive two free tickets (worth £265 each) to Maths – No Problem!’s Manchester (UK) Conference on 25.05.2023 (“Competition Winnings”).
4. Any and all entries are free and no purchase is necessary.
5. Each individual may enter the Competition as many times as they wish on as many of our social media channels as they wish. However you do not need to submit your entry/entries on more than one of our social media channels.
6. Any entries that have been generated by an automatic means will be void.
7. Maths – No Problem! reserves the right to deny Competition entries for any reason.
8. You will be eligible to submit entries for the Competition from 9am (BST) on 19th April 2023 (the “Opening Date“) to 5pm (BST) on 1st May 2023 (the “Closing Date“) inclusive. All Competition entries must be posted on our social media channels by no later than 5pm on the Closing Date. Any Competition entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
9. The winner shall be announced via all of our social media channels on 2nd May 2023. If you do not wish for your name to be announced via our social media channels if you win please DO NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION.
Intellectual Property Rights
10. You hereby acknowledge and agree that upon entering the Competition you assign any and all the intellectual property rights, namely the copyright (and waive any and all associated moral rights), in your entry/entries to Maths – No Problem! and that you understand that through this assignment/waiver Maths – No Problem! shall have the right to use your Competition entry as it so wishes for the purposes of the Competition and in the future.
11. There is no cash alternative to the Competition Winnings (or any part of it) and the Competition Winnings are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
12. If the winner of the Competition is not able to accept the Competition Winnings for any reason or cannot be contacted within five (5) days of Maths – No Problem! contacting the winner in accordance with clause 3, Maths – No Problem! reserves the right to award the Competition Winnings to another individual who made a valid entry prior to the Closing Date.
13. There are certain things for which Maths – No Problem! does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow Maths – No Problem! to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. Maths – No Problem! accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 14 and 15 will apply. References to “Maths – No Problem!” in these paragraphs (13, 14 and 15) include all of Maths – No Problem!’s associated companies.
14. Maths – No Problem! will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection
with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond Maths – No Problem!’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition or the Maths – No Problem! Manchester Conference; and
- any act or default of any third party supplier connected with the Competition or the Maths – No Problem! Manchester Conference.
15. Maths – No Problem! does not accept responsibility for any entries that fail to post or upload or are not entered validly regardless of cause, or responsibility for any equipment, network, technical, systems, satellite, server, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, posting, receipt or processing of your entry.
16. Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
17. Maths – No Problem!‘s decision is final and binding in all respects of all Competition entries. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into in respect of entries (save for with the winner). Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
18. If Maths – No Problem! has grounds to suspect any entry of deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind, Maths – No Problem! reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity
19. Maths – No Problem! reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Maths – No Problem! reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
21. Maths – No Problem! will use any personal data submitted by an individual in its Competition entry solely for the purpose of administering this Competition.
23. You have the right to access, rectify, oppose the processing of and delete any personal information collected through participation in the Competition.
Laws of England and Wales
24. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.