These terms and conditions apply to the “Insights” Launch campaign available via a message emailed to the school’s named contact person for a free set of Assessment Papers B and access to the new digital marking, reporting and analysis tool Insights (“Promotion”). By entering this Promotion, you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them.
The promoter of this campaign is Fig Leaf Promotions Limited (trading as Maths — No Problem!) with its registered office address at: Maths — No Problem! Dowding House, Coach & Horses Passage, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom, TN2 5NP (company registration number 07233807) (“MNP”).
Who may apply
1. The Promotion is open to schools with a full, active (as at the date of these terms and conditions and for the full duration of the Promotion) Maths — No Problem! Teacher Hub subscription for the academic year 2020/21. Insights is an additional product which may (if a school is successful in attaining the Promotion) be applied to a school’s Teacher Hub subscription.
How to apply
2. Each school must submit its application to receive the Promotion through the online registration form. The link for accessing the form is provided in the email message. To enter, schools must provide MNP with a named contact person for this offer along with the contact person’s email address. Schools must also provide MNP with the number of classes in each year group. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary (beyond your Teacher Hub subscription).
3. Each school must ensure it only applies for the number of Assessment Papers in accordance with the actual number of classes in each of its year groups. MNP shall check schools’ class numbers against available government data for verification purposes and to confirm the number of Assessment Papers ordered. Please note that one class = 30 Assessment Papers.
4. Only one application to receive the Promotion shall be permitted per school. Any attempts to enter more than one application per school will render the school disqualified from receiving the Promotion. Entries that have been generated by an automatic means, entries made on behalf of another school or joint entries will also be void.
5. The Promotion is subject to availability and MNP reserves the right to deny Promotion applications for any reason.
6. Once a school has submitted its application for the Promotion it shall receive an email from MNP confirming if it is a successful applicant.
7. Following a successful application for the Promotion MNP will notify the school (via email) of the expected delivery date of the Assessment Papers (time will not be of the essence with respect to delivery and each school acknowledges that the estimated delivery date may be subject to change). MNP will endeavour to notify the school if there is a delay of more than 7 working days for the delivery of the Assessment Papers.
8. MNP shall provide each school successful in applying for the Promotion with advice via email on administering the Assessment Papers and accessing Insights via the Teacher Hub. This information shall be sent to the contact email address provided by the school in its application. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information and to inform MNP of any update to such contact information. MNP shall not be responsible for any Assessment Papers or information sent to incorrect postal or email addresses provided by you and you shall not be entitled to receive a second set of Assessment Papers in the event that you have provided incorrect or out of date contact information.
9. You will be eligible to submit applications for the Promotion from 9am on 12 August 2020 (the “Opening Date“) to 4pm on 4 September 2020 (the “Closing Date“) inclusive. All competition entries must be received by MNP by no later than 4pm on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
10. The Assessment Papers must be administered and Insights utilised before midnight on 31 January 2021. After this date, Insights will no longer be available to you unless a new agreement has been entered into between you and MNP.
11. MNP expects that Insights will be available from around mid-September 2020. MNP will confirm the exact launch date via email to successful schools after the start of the school year and reserves the right to postpone availability.
Intellectual Property Rights
12. It is acknowledged and agreed by you that the intellectual property rights in the Assessment Papers (and all aspects of the Promotion) namely the copyright, are owned by MNP. You shall not make copies of the Assessment Papers or distribute them to any third parties.
13. Notwithstanding clause 12 above, each school shall be entitled to photocopy the Assessment Papers for internal purposes only and solely in the event that it has a class or classes in a year group that contain more than 30 pupils. For example if a school has a class which contains 33 pupils it shall be entitled to photocopy three additional Assessment Papers for its class. However it shall still be bound by clause 12 in respect of distribution to any third party.
14. Free shipping of the Assessment Papers will apply for all mainland UK schools. All schools outside mainland UK will be responsible for all shipping costs of the Assessment Papers. Such costs will be discussed with the school prior to the order being agreed. If a school outside of mainland UK does not wish to pay shipping costs it should not submit an application for the Promotion.
15. There is no cash alternative to the Promotion (or any part of it) and the Promotion is non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
16. If any school is not able to accept the Promotion for any reason or cannot be contacted within 7 days of MNP emailing the school in accordance with clause 6, MNP reserves the right to award the Promotion to another school.
17. There are certain things for which MNP does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow MNP to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently. MNP accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 18 and 19 will apply. References to the “MNP” in these paragraphs (17, 18 and 19) include all of MNP’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the Promotion.
18. MNP will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion; and
b) any changes to the Assessment Papers, Insights or any other aspects of the Promotion or the way in which they can be used;
c) problems with the dispatch of the Assessment Papers (such as them failing to reach the intended recipient); and/or
d) any act or default of any third party supplier.
19. MNP does not accept responsibility for any applications that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit regardless of cause, or responsibility for any equipment, network, technical, systems, satellite, server, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your application.
20. Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete applications will be disqualified and will not be counted.
21. MNP’s decision is final and binding in all respect of all applications. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into in respect of applications. Applications that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
22. If MNP has grounds to suspect any application of deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind, MNP reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any school it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
23. MNP reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
24. MNP reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
25. MNP will use any personal data submitted by a school in its application solely for the purpose of administering this Promotion.
27. You have the right to access, rectify, oppose the processing of and delete any personal information collected through participation in the Promotion.
Laws of England and Wales
28. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.