This course is designed to nurture the following:
- A comprehensive understanding of each component of the Foundations Programme and how it all fits together
- The skills needed to use the Foundations materials
- How to use Foundations in your classroom, in particular practical tips and advice for day-to-day teaching with picture books, children’s journals and the teacher support materials
EYFS statutory framework
- Understand the new EYFS statutory framework and how to apply it
- Explore the different ways children learn in the Early Years and how Foundations can support pupils and teachers
- Get practical suggestions for recognising children’s progress in a variety of contexts
- Find out how to help children develop an identity as a learner
Who this is course intended for?
This professional development course is intended for Reception classroom teachers and maths leads who are developing their understanding of the key principles and theories of the mastery approach in an EYFS setting.
Level up your practice
How It Works
Find out more about the different types of training we offer and whether it's right for you.
Can't make it to our face-to-face training events? Don't worry! We have several online offerings. To see what's available, go to our Event Calendar and filter for 'online' in the Events dropdown.