Foundations is a revolutionary new product from
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01892 537 706.
Maths — No Problem! that helps children in the Early Years begin to develop a deep and long-lasting understanding of the world of mathematics.
Foundations includes Workbook Journals, Picture Books, and online Teacher Guides with printable resource sheets, brought to you by the creators of the UK’s most successful maths mastery programme.
Have no fear! At
Foundations at a glance
Meets all requirements of the Department for Education’s revised Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS) 2021 as well as all non-statutory guidance for EYFS issued since the 2014 curriculum
Beautifully illustrated and carefully designed to incorporate emerging research on how children learn
System of structured learning that plays to the strengths of practitioners who are already confident in their ability to teach maths, and provides all guideposts necessary to help less-experienced practitioners become more assured
Developed with a deep maths-mastery focus with genuine attention to learning core principles through embedded play
Rosie Ross, Maths Lead at St Andrew’s Church of England Primary School
Online Teacher Guides
- Twelve weeks’ worth of flexible yet structured lesson plans per term, 180 in total
- Comprehensive guidance for each week, including the area of learning, the learning strand, and the objective
- A description of what resources will be needed in the classroom
- Resource sheets to download and print out
- A description of the mathematical vocabulary pupils will encounter
- Three Workbook Journals to cover all three terms
- Two activities per week
- A focus on images rather than text to minimise cognitive load on early learners
- Concise instructions for teachers
- A deep mastery focus to ensure activities give pupils the most direct access to core maths principles
- Combine the magic of stories by author James Allan Hermanson with design directed by renowned Singapore maths expert Dr. Yeap Ban Har
- Two sets of teacher guidance for each book
- Each story is deeply rooted in the core principles of maths mastery
- Take a sneak peek at the four early years picture books; The Magic Oven, Playmates, Rosy Red, and This ‘n That.
- Week-by-week approach for easy planning
- To support immersion into maths, suggested activities use equipment and real-world items found in and around the Reception classroom
- Maths Language feature to support mathematical vocabulary and language development
Structured learning, embedded play
At Maths — No Problem! we believe structure and play are both vital to how children learn. The Foundations programme of guided learning delivers an enriched experience that is truly the start of a long-term, secure and adaptable understanding of maths.
Unlike some of our competitors, Maths — No Problem! doesn’t shy away from embedding learning through play. In Foundations, what look like simple games are actually meticulously designed activities with a deep mastery focus.
The revised EYFS highlights the importance of helping children develop “positive attitudes and interest in mathematics.” This is exactly what Foundations does so well.
Research shows that children who are eligible for free school meals are 4.6 months on average behind other children by the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and that this gap will double by the end of Primary, and double again by the end of Secondary.
But there’s hope. The Educational Endowment Foundation says implementing an early numeracy programme is one high-impact, very low cost way to close the gap, and that on average, early numeracy approaches have a positive impact on learning equivalent to approximately six additional months’ progress for early mathematics outcomes.
Ready to try our Foundations programme?
Email email@example.com or call 01892 537 706 for more information.